Project #14

I bought this fabric years ago and attempted to use it to make a dress. However, those were the days when I didn’t have a clue about grainlines and as this fabric is reasonably stretchy the result wasn’t good! I kept the dress for years in my bag of clothes-that-didn’t-go-quite-right from which I occasionally pick out things to either try to salvage or pull apart to use as scrap fabric.

Last Sunday I was having an unsuccessful sewing day and ended up frustrated and annoyed at the top I was trying to make. As I demoted that project to the clothes-that-didn’t-go-quite-right bag, I stumbled across this dress and found myself re-inspired.

I used the original bodice I had made for the dress and added a bit of a flounce. There was little planning involved and at first I wasn’t sure that I liked the proportions of the top. However I tried it on and immediately loved how it felt – girlish and fun!IMG_8412 editIMG_8427 editIMG_8410 editIMG_8424 edit

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Project #14

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s